Who we are
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION.
- Email address;
- Mobile number;
- Gender identity;
- Date of birth;
- Location; and
- Login information for social media accounts that you connect to your GoSayHELLO Account (this could include, for example, your Facebook and Instagram accounts). For more information about this, see “Linking other Accounts to GoSayHELLO” in section 7 below.
- Identifiers, such as name and location;
- Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as contact (including email and telephone number) and financial information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (if you choose to provide them), such as age, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, and medical conditions;
- Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history;
- Biometric information (not relevant here);
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our Sites and App;
- Geolocation data, such as mobile device location;
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as photos and videos;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer;
- Non-public education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
- iPhone app — settings, privacy, location services, GoSayHELLO
- Android — settings, location, GoSayHELLO, permissions, location
GoSayHELLO Success Stories, Surveys and other Contributions
When you Contact Customer Support
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
- offer you our services and features
- contact you with information about the App (e.g., updates and new features);
- personalize the App/Sites and the content we deliver to you;
- conduct research and analytics about how you use and interact with the App/Sites;
- resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and to enforce our Terms & Conditions;
- investigate fraud, protect our legal rights, and to enforce our Terms & Conditions.
- send you information about the promotions and offers we have available – if you’ve signed up for our newsletters or otherwise told us it’s OK (you can withdraw this consent at any time via Settings in the App or by using the opt-out mechanisms and links provided in each message); and
- protect our Users and third parties from harm.
Purpose for which data is used
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION.
Circumstances where data may be disclosed
Service Providers – We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us. We may share your Registration Information or personal data with these third parties, but only for the purposes of performing these functions and providing such services. More information about this is available directly below.
Moderators – To monitor activity on the App and approve content.
Payment Processing and Telecommunications Companies – To facilitate payments for our premium services.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT DISCLOSURES
Sharing your personal data with Service Providers
- Billing services – to allow customers to purchase paid features of our App (for example, Google Play)
- Authentication services – to allow customers to authenticate their account (for example, Twilio)
- Social media providers – to allow customers to create/connect their GoSayHELLO account with their account(s) on such platforms (for example Facebook, Instagram or Spotify)
- Product improvement and market research – we use third party platforms (such as Typeform) and agencies (such as Kantar) to carry out customer surveys and market research to improve our products and services
- IT services – some of the third-party software providers used in the operation of our business may process Users’ personal data (for example, if a User contacts us via social media with a support inquiry, their inquiry is processed by our community management software provider Khoros)
Sharing your personal data with Marketing Services Providers
- to exclude you from advertising campaigns aimed at finding new users, if you already have a GoSayHELLO account;
- to show GoSayHELLO adverts to users who have visited the GoSayHELLO App/Sites but haven’t yet created a GoSayHELLO account;
- to show GoSayHELLO adverts to existing Users to encourage them to use the service (for example, when we release new features for the App, we may advertise these features to existing users);
- to create an audience for our advertisements of other potential users who have similar characteristics to you based on the information the Marketing Service Providers holds about you (also known as a Lookalike Audience); or
- to include you in a ‘custom audience’ that will receive GoSayHELLO advertising content (a custom audience is essentially a list of people who we think are most likely to be interested in a particular advertisement)
- the advertising identifier associated with your device (this is a random number assigned by your mobile device manufacturer (for example Apple or Google) to your device to help advertisers (including the manufacturer) know when an ad has been viewed or clicked in an app, and when an ad causes a ‘conversion’(for example, downloading the app advertised to you))
- your estimated location (based on your IP address)
- age and gender
- data about your visit to our Sites or App and action taken on those (for example if you downloaded our App or created an account with our App)
4. WHAT OTHERS MAY SEE ABOUT YOU.
5. OUR POLICY TOWARDS AGE.
- Please make sure you log out of your Account after use as you never know who may stumble onto your Account!
- Please don’t share the password you use to access your GoSayHELLO Account with anyone else!
- Change your password periodically
- Go to your Security and Login Settings on Facebook
- Select “Where You’re Logged in”
- Select the session you want to edit and click “End Activity.”
Once you’ve finished linking that secondary login method, you’ll be able to remove your registered phone number. If you sign in to GoSayHELLO with your Apple ID we recommend that you update your Apple ID password immediately.
7. LINKING OTHER ACCOUNTS TO GOSAYHELLO.
Using your social media details to sign in to GoSayHELLO
Linking social media accounts to your GoSayHELLO account
8. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
Using your social media details to sign in to GoSayHELLO
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you and explain how we have collected, used and shared your personal information over the past 12 months.
- You have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.