Terms & Conditions
The App and Sites are global, and your information will be sent to and used in the United States and the UK regardless of the country you reside in. This Policy explains how we protect your personal data when we transfer it overseas, so please read very carefully!
Who we are
The App and Sites are operated by the “GoSayHELLO Group” (also referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”) which includes GoSayHELLO Holding Limited, Badoo Trading Limited and GoSayHELLO Trading LLC, all of which are controllers of personal information collected and processed through the GoSayHELLO App and Sites.
The GoSayHELLO Group has designated a Data Protection Officer and they can be reached by emailing info@GoSayHELLOapp.com or by post at the following address: 651 N. Broad St, Suite 205 #5453 Middletown, Delaware 19709
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION.
When you download the App and create an account (“Account”), we may collect certain information (“Registration Information”) about you, such as:
- Email address;
- Mobile number;
- Gender identity;
- Date of birth;
- Location; and
- Login information for social media accounts that you connect to your GoSayHELLO Account (this could include, for example, your Facebook and Instagram accounts). For more information about this, see “Linking other Accounts to GoSayHELLO” in section 7 below.
Once you register, you will be able to review and change this information at any time just by logging in to GoSayHELLO (other than your date of birth and location (which, if you have given GoSayHELLO access to your location in your device settings, is automatically updated based on the location of your device)). It is your responsibility to ensure that your account details are kept up to date. If your phone number changes, please ensure that you update this in your account.
The information we collect helps to enhance the App and verify our Users (robots are not welcome!). Registration Information such as your sexual preference, name and username may be visible to other Users who view your profile page.
For Users who are California residents, the data we may collect falls within the following categories of “personal information”, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- Identifiers, such as name and location;
- Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as contact (including email and telephone number) and financial information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (if you choose to provide them), such as age, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, and medical conditions;
- Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history;
- Biometric information (not relevant here);
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our Sites and App;
- Geolocation data, such as mobile device location;
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as photos and videos;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer;
- Non-public education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
We recommend and encourage you (and all our members) to think carefully about the information you disclose about yourself. We also do not recommend that you put email addresses, URLs, instant messaging details, phone numbers, full names or addresses, credit card details, national identity numbers, drivers’ licence details and other sensitive information which is open to abuse and misuse on your profile.
When you post information about yourself or use the messaging function to communicate with other Users, the amount of personal information you share is at your own risk. Please see Section 4 below for more information on who can access what you post on GoSayHELLO.
If you decide to purchase any of our premium services, we will process your payment information and retain this securely for the prevention of fraud and for audit/tax purposes.
GoSayHELLO uses automated decisions to prevent fraudulent payment transactions being processed as part of its anti-fraud procedures. In order to do this, our systems check payment transactions for behaviour that indicates breaches of our Terms and Conditions of Use. If a transaction meets certain criteria that demonstrate that the Terms and Conditions of Use are likely to have been breached and the transaction is likely to be fraudulent, the relevant transaction may automatically be blocked. Where a transaction is blocked, the user will be notified that their transaction cannot be processed and affected Users can contact GoSayHELLO to contest the decision.
Please note that if your account is blocked for any reason, any account(s) that you have on other GoSayHELLO Group platforms/applications, such as Badoo, may also be blocked as part of our anti-spam and anti-fraud procedures.
If you have given GoSayHELLO access to your location in your device settings, when you use your mobile, we will collect information about WiFi access points as well as other location information about your longitude and latitude and may save your device’s coordinates to offer certain features to you. This information helps us identify your physical location and we use it to personalize the App and make it easier for you to interact with other Users, by enabling the general locality information to be displayed to Users seeing your profile and showing you the profiles of other Users who are near you.
If you have given GoSayHELLO access to your location, but wish to turn this off, you can do so by the following methods:
- iPhone app — settings, privacy, location services, GoSayHELLO
- Android — settings, location, GoSayHELLO, permissions, location
We may collect information about your device when you use the App including the unique device identifier, device model, operating system, and MAC address, for a number of purposes, as set out in this policy. In addition, if you permit us to do so, the App may access your device’s address book solely in order to add someone to your contacts.
We may keep track of how you interact with links available on GoSayHELLO including third party services by redirecting clicks or through other means. We may share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
GoSayHELLO Success Stories, Surveys and other Contributions
From time to time, we run surveys for research purposes, and we may contact you to find out if you would like to take part. We may also contact you to find out if you would like to provide feedback, a testimonial or take part in marketing campaigns (for example, if you let us know that you have found a match on the App, we may contact you to ask if you would be happy to feature in advertising for GoSayHELLO). Such surveys and marketing campaigns are optional, and more information will be provided at the point of contact. If you do not wish to be contacted to take part in a survey or marketing campaign, please contact our Customer Support Team via our info@GoSayHELLOapp.com.
When you Contact Customer Support
If you contact our Customer Support team via info@GoSayHELLOapp.com, we will receive your email address, and may track your IP address, as well as the information you send to us to help resolve your query. We will keep records of our communications with you, including any complaints that we receive from you about other Users (and from other Users about you) for 6 years after deletion of your account.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
- offer you our services and features
- contact you with information about the App (e.g., updates and new features);
- personalize the App/Sites and the content we deliver to you;
- conduct research and analytics about how you use and interact with the App/Sites;
- resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and to enforce our Terms & Conditions;
- investigate fraud, protect our legal rights, and to enforce our Terms & Conditions.
- send you information about the promotions and offers we have available – if you’ve signed up for our newsletters or otherwise told us it’s OK (you can withdraw this consent at any time via Settings in the App or by using the opt-out mechanisms and links provided in each message); and
- protect our Users and third parties from harm.
Under EU and UK data protection laws, we are required to tell you our lawful basis for using your data and we have set this out in the table below. Where the legal basis is consent, you can withdraw consent at any time. Where the legal basis is legitimate interests, you have a right to object to our use of your data. We explain in the relevant sections in this Policy how you can withdraw consent or opt-out of certain data uses (where applicable).
Purpose for which data is used
To provide you with the GoSayHELLO social networking service
Name, email address, date of birth, location (CCPA Categories A and B)
You provide your name, email address and date of birth to us. We obtain location data from the device that you use to access the service
To facilitate networking opportunities on the GoSayHELLO App
Optional information that you choose to provide in your profile, including through profile verification, or adding GoSayHELLO badges, which may include information your sexual preferences, interests, nonbinary gender, religion, ethnic background, photos etc. (CCPA Categories C, H, I, J)
You provide this information to us
To verify your identity and prevent fraud and to ensure the safety and security of Users
Phone number and if requested, photo provided as part of profile verification and for users based in countries where age verification is required by law: photo of Government ID + geolocation and device information (CCPA Categories A, B, C, F, G and H)
You provide this information to us, except for the geolocation and device information, which we obtain from the device that you use to access the service
Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to ensure that accounts are not set up fraudulently and to safeguard Users of the site